Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 16- Talking...

Another short day at school made today go by very fast. I've been talking a lot more now, even though I still can't really say "s" or a few letter combos. People keep saying that I'm talking great, but between my plugged up ears and my numb face, I really can't say that I believe them. I can talk a little better when I take off my bands, but I don't want to jeopardize my healing process.

My front teeth are really starting to hurt now. It feels as if they are being pulling out because of the 4 rubber bands all located up front. My jaw is still moving and my only gap is just about closed. It's amazing how something like that can get fixed in just a matter of days! I think most of the moving occurs at night, because I move my jaw around so much during the day talking.

I had some sirloin tip roast blended up today. It tasted great, but now I have a stomach ache. Maybe it was too rich for my "virgin" stomach? :-) I guess I'll just spend the rest of the night curled up in a ball on my chair...

2 comments:

amycq said...

I got that too 'oh, you sound normal to me!?' when I know I didn't!! Oh well!

So how have your classmates reacted to your new look? I know you are still swollen but, you can still see a huge change.

Patrick said...

Since I only took a 1 year degree program last year, all my classmates are new this year. I have 1 person in my class that I know from H.S. but other than that, nobody knows who I am and visa-versa. I saw my old welding teacher and he was impressed, especially by how fast I was healing. I guess he had a relative that had something similar done and it took a lot longer for him to heal... I'm waiting until about week 6 (splint comes off) before I go visit all my friends. I want them to see the final product and not remember the healing process.