Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 4

Well this morning I thought this day would never end. It was like 5am and I had been tossing all night. I managed to sleep a little more during the day and what fo you know, it's almost 10pm! I'm really just counting hours right now because tv is already getting really boring (How many times in a day can you repeat the same show?!!)

I've lost 10 pounds already (190 down from 200lbs.) I'm getting kind of worried about that because although I'd like to lose some extra weight in the process, I don't want to be force-fed or something like that to get my calories up. I drank some tomato soup, melted ice cream and some ensure. Not nearly enough but at least I'm hydrated!

I'm really impressed with everyone today- You are all such troopers!

Patrick-

2 comments:

amycq said...

Don't forget to drink water!! It really does help with swelling and healing. I was drinking water and Vitamin Water just for some flavor! Whatever gets you to drink!

Are you using the Zip n Squeeze or the oh so fun syringes?

Patrick said...

I really don't know what the Zip n- Squeezes are. I'm just using a 30ml syringe with a long, thin tube at the end of it. My mom's a nurse, so she has access to all that stuff if I run out. She brought be home a big beefy sringe yesterday (60ml!) with a 1/4" tube at the end. I think I might finally be able to drink some thicker liquids! I'm still using the smaller syringe for meds though, because it gives me more control...

I've been keeping up with the water pretty well. I have 5-6 cups of ice water plus all the instant breakfasts and stuff like that every day. I'm using the bathroom very regularly, so I guess I'm fine...