Monday, August 27, 2007

Day 13- Getting Anxious

I'm getting nervous about school. It's coming up in just 2 days and I still feel like I just had surgery. I have e-mailed all my teachers telling them of my situation and asking for their sympathy. I think I will be OK, it's just that I haven't been out of the house much and have been kind of hiding from the real world. My family says I look fine, but it's hard to just act normal when you have metal poking you everywhere and half your face is numb.... I'm sure I'll be back to normal once my face starts cooperating.

Swelling is always the same now, and only decreases a bit when I use my ice packs. I have been eating a ton lately which is good. Today I had blended squash with butter and brown sugar, cream corn, mushroom soup, 3 strawberry shakes and the rest of my antibiotics :-) I've also been drinking a lot of natural juices, either fresh from the garden or natural store-brought. I've been "de-banding" daily now to brush the inside of my mouth and to work my jaw a bit. I can feel myself healing because when I walk around, my jaw doesn't "creak" anymore (Before day 10 or so, I could really tell that my bones were held together by nothing more than screws and plates!).

One more day of being a lazy bum and then it's back to life-

2 comments:

amycq said...

I go back to college next week. Even though I'll be 6 weeks post-op by then I'm still nervous about going back!! I bought a thermos and lunch bag because there are not many soft food options that are a quick lunch between classes!! Let us know how it goes!

Patrick said...

Thankfully I have a very easy semester as planned by me. Most of my days are only 3-4 hours long... I really don't have to even worry about food! I never eat school food just because it's way too expensive. I usually eat a big breakfast or I'll just go to my car and eat a sandwich or something.