Saturday, August 18, 2007

Day 1-3

I got out of the hospital on Friday night after a 3 day stay/ The pain was a lot more than I expected- I just can't seem to get a hold of myself, because I can't talk or swallow right and yet everyone keeps saying," What?" or "just drink this!". I CAN'T! My mouth is still totally numb and I really hope I can start forming words soon. This puts a whole new meaning to what you all went through!

A horrible side-affect that I've developed is not being able to bend my arms all the way down to my sides. They are so stiff! I think it is just extra fluid but it keeps me up at night and just shouldn't be.

I'll post some pictures later- I have to go lay in bed all day-

Patrick~

4 comments:

amycq said...

Hey Patrick,
Yeah this week is gonna be tough. But hang in there cuz it does get better! You're really almost over the worst part of the swelling.

I had a 2 piece LeFort I (upper jaw raised and widened to correct open and cross bite) and Genioplasty (to correct my not-so-strong chin!) done on July 20th.

Try to keep the humor in things and distract yourself from the not-so-fun stuff.

It's all downhill from here!

Patrick said...

Really? I guess I do seem to be getting a little more comfortable is this mess you call a face... I still haven't seen any bruising though- What's up with that?

amycq said...

I didn't really get any bruising either. Just a little green under my chin and neck but it went away fast.

Yeah, my OS said the peak of swelling is on the 4th day. Ice-packs do help...a lot!!

Patrick said...

Well, I guess it kind of depends on the person. I know I've seen a lot of people with bruising but also without. I just thought bruising was kind of a natural process after the body is traumatized and poked at for so long. Maybe my surgeon was especially gentle?!