Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 9- A Queasy Feeling

Today was going great and I was looking forward to seeing my cousins who were coming over to visit. At about 3:00pm. however, I came down with a severe case of stomach pain. I was literally hunched over when my visitors came. The humidity around here is at 100% with all the rain/flooding we've had going on around here and when I went outside I almost threw up! I quick ran inside and went into the bathroom. It was weird, because after a while and a dose of pepto, I felt ok for the rest of the night.

My Aunt gave me a whole quart of Trader Joe's natural homemade tomato basil soup. I first thought I wouldn't be able to eat any, because it was pretty thick. Well, as of right now, that whole quart of soup is almost gone and in my stomach. Wow was that good! That was my first big "meal" post-op and it felt good to get some warm liquids in me. It came at a good time because I was really getting sick of my ice-cold shakes...

My swelling seems like it has plateaued and everything still feels pretty puffy and numb. I guess you can say that it does get a little better each day, but I'm starting to notice ALOT less progress. I guess now comes the long haul, day 1 of 6 months until everything returns to normal.

No comments: