Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just Sitting Around

I've been enjoying the day as much as possible. I've been trying to do a few things around the house and then my big chair seems a lot more inviting! I've noticed that if I lay down for too long I start to get really hot and light headed. I kept thinking it was the meds, but after I sit up and walk around for a while, everything goes away!

I actually took a bath this morning and it really felt good to just soak in some warm water for a while. I was getting so stiff and I think it really helped to loosen me up. I tried to keep the water off my face as much as possible, but it keeps me wondering why I've been told to wear this big strip of tape on my face for so long. I haven't seen anyone else like this. I think I'll be getting it off tomorrow which is great because it really doesn't seem to be doing anything-

Well, time to take the dogs out-

Patrick-

3 comments:

Erin said...

Patrick, so glad the surgery went on as planned! You seem to be doing pretty well! And it sounds like you lucked out with no bruising. My whole face was a bruise but I guess I bruise easily. That's what people tell me, anyway.

It's kind of a long journey but not bad. I'm one month post-op. Going back to work tomorrow. Whee!

amycq said...

Hey, hey up and around I see! I was kinda the opposite...I felt better sitting down or reclining. I got lightheaded when i stood up! But it's good to get up and walk around anyways!

I had two tape/elastic thingys one above and one right underneath my chin that made a big smiley face on well, my face! Then two vertical strips of tape on the sides of my face holding the ends down. I had mine on for 3 days I think. The surgeon said I could take them off after 48 hours but it's best to do it using water, when you're in the tub is the easiest. Oh yeah...the sticky residue is a PAIN to get off! It took a few days of slowly working at it. What worked for me to get it off was eye makeup remover (maybe mom/sis/gf has some???).
Take care!

Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Patrick,
Welcome to the other side! I know it is rough, the first week is tough! You do look pretty good though considering you just had your face rearranged!

I'm 3 months post op, and trust me when I say that things will be hugely improved by week two! Don't worry about the force feeding thing. That is highly unlikely to happen. I lost 14 lbs within the first week and I was eating pretty well. It should start to level out by next week and you will start to feel better soon!

Hang in there, it will all be worth it in the end!

Brandy