Monday, September 3, 2007

Day 20- Labor Day

Today was the first day I slept in my own bed since my surgery. Until last night, I was sleeping in my chair and waking up every 30 minutes or so because I wasn't all that comfortable. I thought I might still have trouble sleeping completely horizontal, because it seems like the blood rushes to my head a lot more ever since my surgery. Well, I propped my head up on 2 pillows and slept soundly for 10 hours. I think I'm past that stage now...

My mom decided to have a party at the house today, so we had 12 people over and had a great time visiting. The food was very tempting and I just went into my room until dinner was over with. I could of made a fool out of myself trying to slurp down some ground up food at the table, but I prefer to do that in the privacy of my own room. No matter how hard I try, I always manage to drop some food on my shirt or pants.

My face feels a little better today. My throat isn't bothering me as much and my front teeth don't feel as if they are being ripped out by the rubber bands. My face did swell up a little this morning because of sleeping in my bed. I think because I'm laying down more, there is more pressure on my face, no matter how soft my pillows are.

No comments: