Sunday, September 2, 2007

Day 19- It's All Starting to Hit Me

I spent the night at my grandparent's house and awoke to the smell of eggs, sausages, coffee and buttered toast. UUGGHHH!! How I wish I could of eaten that delicious food! Instead I beer-battered my bass, fried it up and put it in the blender. I have to say, I love fish but drinking your catch really isn't all that appealing...:-) I spent the rest of the morning sleeping since I was still tired from the night before.

At around 2:30, my other aunt and uncle came over with their speedboat. This whole weekend I was planning on doing some water skiing just because I thought I was good enough to not fall down on my face. After thinking about it though, I decided to back out because I really didn't want to wreck my face. Even if I'm pretty good at skiing, there is always a chance that I could hit a big wave and throw my jaw out of alignment or something. Instead I just took a long boat ride and watched my brothers have all the fun. Although I didn't get to go in the water, I know there's always next year and I still had a good time just getting out there.

Now that I'm home, I got to thinking about this journey that I've been through. I still can't believe that I got this done. I feel so lucky because I doubted so much that anything could be done just a few years ago. It seems like such a while since I sat down and talked about surgery and braces. Now I'm already 3 weeks post-op and for some reason, I can't really remember all the hardships I've faced during these last 2 years. I think you forget all of the adjustments and pain when you start to see the "real" you!!

1 comment:

amycq said...

You were gonna water ski!! You are a brave, brave man. I still get nervous about giving someone a hug to closely!! Hahahaha!!